• Estimate right of way/easement land costs for project.
• Determine and verify current ownership of project parcels.
• Identify and resolve title problems associated with project parcels.
Right of Entry Permitting
• Contact owners to obtain written Right of Entry.
• Document restrictions or special conditions requested by owners for Rights of Entry.
• Inform public/private entities involved of proposed utility implications.
• Identify private easements to enhance utility assets and prevent future relocation expenses.
• Comprehensive overview of project scope.
• Oversee and communicate project activities to project team.
• Develop, initiate, and monitor project timelines.
• Keep client informed of project status.
• Recognize and resolve project issues in the completion of the project.
• Maintain a proactive acquisition and management approach to the project.
Initial Project Research
• Perform initial title research along proposed project right of way.
• Determine quantity and ownership of project parcels.
• Research and estimate property values using real estate comparables.
• Set up project database management system.
Local Public Agency Meetings
• Attend and participate in appropriate meetings to provide technical support and project
information to property owners and/or public officials.
Special Site Selection
• Identify and research land sites and fair market values for a specific site utilization criteria.
• Recommend selected sites for acquisition.
• HRM utilizes a network of State certified appraisers.
Property Owner Interviews
• Develop property owner interview form and conduct personal interviews with each property owner to explain scope of project, benefits, and impact of project during construction phase.
• Identify and contact property owners by personal visits, phone and email communications. Professionally explain the project and negotiate acquisitions in good faith.
• Negotiate remainder damage settlements.
• Interview prospective displaced resident(s).
• Calculate values of comparable replacement housing or facilities.
• Provide comprehensive, specialized assistance for displaced residents and businesses.
• Coordinate closing activities between title company, client and property owners.
Construction Damage Settlement
• Mediate construction issues with property owners.
• Negotiate payments that are equitable and reasonable.
Condemnation Support Services
• Preparation of parcel files for legal counsel handling eminent domain litigation.
• Pre-trial/pre-hearing preparations as requested by legal counsel.
Expert Witness Testimony
• Appear and/or provide deposition testimony for condemnation hearing and trials.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control
• Delineate procedures corporate/client policies for projects.
• Establish lines of communication, project monitoring, acquisition schedules and milestones for project.
provides complete turn-key Right of Way services for your Transportation, Utility, Telecommunication and other Infrastructure projects. HRM insures that Federal funded acquisition practices are in compliance with the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970, as amended and Senate Bill 18, The State of Texas Landowner’s Bill of Rights enacted by the 82nd Legislature effective September 1, 2011.